Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Godfather weekend...




Watched the Godfather II again this weekend. Reminded myself that I havent yet added that to my list of faves. Wow.. what a movie. Robert De Niro is so good at portraying the subtlety of Vito Corleone's character. He is magnificent in that performance, something I havent been able to say too often lately. Wonder why he hasnt been making more serious movies lately, though I havent yet caught "The Good Shepherd". Al Pacino is brilliant too of course, two of my all-time favourite actors.
The one actor from the younger generation who will ultimately reach the level of these two greats, I believe, is Matt Damon. His performances in movies like "The Talented Mr. Ripley", "Syriana" and "The Departed" have all been brilliant. Another of course is Leonardo Di Caprio. He has been showing his capabilities ever since "What's Eating Gilbert Grape?". Which reminds me of Johnny Depp, another who is already on his way to greatness.


No comments:

Post a Comment