Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Umbrella Day!

Wish everyone a very happy Umbrella Day!

(The cute drawing is from Darkris, who has loads of lovely drawings on her site. I just couldnt find anything prettier than this drawing for the all important umbrella article!)
So I guess this must be a huge achievement for those wonderful, hard-working folks at the World Umbrella Foundation (or WUF, as they like to be called) as umbrellas all around the world finally get their due. A holiday of their own! Its the day to marvel at this wonderful invention, and as the website says, "On a rainy day, we are sure glad that someone was smart enough to invent it." Amen, to that.
I have a sneaky feeling that if the invention of the umbrella had proved a little bit more of a challenge, we wouldnt have quite made it this far as a species. I mean, imagine the challenges in thinking up the lever or the pulley or just rope for that matter. And doing those while the rain pours down all over you... just dont see it happening. So thanks love, whoever you are, for the umbrella.

On a slightly tangential note, and also because I am too lazy to make this a different post, was just thinking of someone else who has been mighty impressed by the humble umbrella (and is also raking in a lot more moolah than the original inventor).

As regular readers (ha!) would know, I am blissfully unaware of the latest popular tunes and heard Rihanna's "Umbrella" for the first time at my hairdressers. It sounded good, but only today did I really listen to it properly and, I must say, it totally grooves. And more than the lovely tune itself, the lyrics really caught my ear and just thought I'll put it down here.

Am also planning to introduce music into this blog (if i can get the hang of it), and this one might just be the first. So keep checking, oh regular reader (please?).

You had my heart, and we'll never be world apart
Maybe in magazines, but you'll still be my star
Baby cause in the dark, we can't see shiny cars
And that's when you need me there
With you I'll always share
Because
[Chorus]
When the sun shine
We'll shine together
Told you I'll be here forever
Said I'll always be your friend
Took an oath imma stick it out 'till the end
Now that it's raining more than ever
Know that we still have each other
You can stand under my umbrella
You can stand under my umbrella(Ella ella eh eh eh)
Under my umbrella(Ella ella eh eh eh)
Under my umbrella(Ella ella eh eh eh)
Under my umbrella(Ella ella eh eh eh eh eh eh)

[Verse 2]
Fancy things, will never come in between
You're part of my entity, here for infinity
When the world has took it's part
When the world has dealt it's cards
If the hand is hard, together we'll mend your heart
Because
[Chorus]
When the sun shine
We'll shine together
Told you I'll be here forever
Said I'll always be your friend
Took an oath imma stick it out 'till the end
Now that it's raining more than ever
Know that we still have each other
You can stand under my umbrella
You can stand under my umbrella(Ella ella eh eh eh)
Under my umbrella(Ella ella eh eh eh)
Under my umbrella(Ella ella eh eh eh)
Under my umbrella(Ella ella eh eh eh eh eh eh)

Ella ella eh eh eh! Its really a lot more fun than you would expect from all the eh eh's!
Update:
Trying this for the first time, lets see if it works. Heres to music!


2 comments:

  1. Lovely blog!! The song rocks!! Kudos to Rihanna :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey thanks! i think yours is the first comment in ages!! ya, loved the song too. keep coming back.. i'll put in more songs lol

    ReplyDelete